Hello, Howdy, Willkommen!

——
The rumours are true, have no doubt. The Hope & Social ‘Show of un-rehearsed Shonk’ is making it’s way to a town near you next month. Why? Why the hell not???! We don’t need no new album to tour crazy fool!! We are hitting the road once again, beginning on the 5th October! For this tour, it’s all about your very own dancing days, and we want you to tell us about them.

All Your Dancing Days

Remember those songs you just used to love to dance to with your mates in the University student union, or in the local club on a Friday night? We want to know about those songs that rekindle the halcyon days; that when you heard them, no matter how far away from your friends you were, you all cheered together. The song that makes you get up and dance, every time, without fail. The song that transports you to the sweat-dripping indie night, the party to end all parties, that one you always did *The Robot* to.

We’ll show you ours if you’ll show us yours…

At Hux's weddingAt Hux's weddingAt Hux's Wedding

For Wainwright, it’s The Bends, Gary can’t help but move to a bit of Paul Simon, Ed revs up every time he hears the opening bars of Smack Your Bitch Up and Hux recalls the time he had to touch the sexy man G. Love at Sankey Soap whenever Cold Beverages comes on, Goff likes his broody and moody – probably Radiohead. James only listens to Jazz.

So, now it’s over to you. Tell us all about ’em. Your heart already knows which song it is for you. Y’know the one. The arms go aloft, the British reserve is tossed aside and you propel yourself into the ocean of groove.

Tell us your songs by leaving us a comment below on this blog, on the Facebook events links below (you can find us on Facebook here), or by using the #allmydancingdays hashtag Twitter (you can find us on Twitter here BTW). Tell us your song, and if you know which show(s) you’ll be at, let us know. If we’re coming to a town near you, you might just get to hear us ruin a few bars of your favourite tracks.

The Dates

5th October – London – The Water Rats TheatreTicketsFacebook
A longer London set than usual. Yay!

6th October – Brighton – The BrunswickTicketsFacebook
Support from the awesome and very lovely Emily Baker **** Q MAGAZINE ‘SHE SINGS ABOUT FRAGILE LIVES & LOVES WITH THE DIRECTNESS OF A STRIPPED BACK AIMEE MANN’

12th Oct – Manchester – Unconvention Manchester Weekender *FREE EVENT*
NB. This event is free but for entry you must sign up for your free ticket here. You can find the event here on Facebook too.

17th Oct – Coventry – The Tin Music and Arts CentreTicketsFacebook
Support from our lovely and very awesome internet friends Atlum Schema and Stylus Boy. Go check ’em out… you won’t be disappointed. ;)

19th Oct – York – FibbersTicketsFacebook
Support from Blank Maps and Zak Ford.

20th Oct – Leeds – Brudenell Social ClubTicketsFacebook
Support comes from the wonderful Love Society: a Jazz sextet slammed together with with 6 Zulu vocalists from Durban, South Africa. It’s proper groovy.

22nd Oct – Doncaster – CASTTicketsFacebook

25th Oct – Hartlepool – Town Hall Theatre Tickets via the Box Office on 01429 890 000 – Facebook

27th Oct – Pocklington – Pocktober FestTicketsFacebook – with Richard Hawley//Huge//Glenn Tilbrook//Josh Ritter and more…

So, that’s where you can find us. Purleeeeease do leave your Dancing Day song in a comment below, or pen a Tweet using the hash tag #allmydancingdays. Unless of course you have a proper job that won’t allow time wasting.

See you at a gig… or if not, on the interwebz.

We love you. And we love you more if you bring five mates to the gig.

Byeeeee
H&S
x

Tags: , , , ,

30 comments

30 thoughts on “All Your Dancing Days

Claire said:

Song to get me dancing… We don’t have to take out clothes off – Jermaine Stewart

But you’ll have to YouTube it if you play… Unless you fancy a gig in Jakarta!

Mike Watts said:

Can’t remember who suggested it but ‘Timewarp’ seemed right as a fun idea for the h&s ethos – demonstration for the audience led by James of course!

Vics said:

Am I allowed to suggest more than one? B*ggar it I’ll do it anyway …. Dinosaur Junior “Freakscene”; Sultans of Ping “Where’s Me Jumper”; Jane’s Addiction “Been Caught Stealing”; The Cure “Friday I’m in Love”; Cud “Rich & Strange”; Bjork “Big Time Sensuality”; Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”; Abba “Dancing Queen”; Lionel Richie “All Night Long”; Queen “Don’t Stop Me Now”, Stevie Wonder “Superstition”, Toot & the Maytals “Louie, Louie”, The Smiths, “Ask Me”

Jo said:

Vics (above)….you have listed most of my favourites!! It clearly HAS to be Sultans of Ping “Where’s Me Jumper” AWESOME. Went to see the Sultans at the old Duchess of York in Leeds during my student days, I think Simon can pull off the old Mic down ya pants and dive into the Audience!! :/

(coming to the Brudenell on 20th Oct – please play it!)

Vics said:

Should have said that I’m coming to the Brudenell on the 20th October too so can we have a cover of “Where’s Me Jumper?” pleae H&S … I imagine James could adopt some suitable mime techniques or potentially interpretive dance moves to amuse the audience with whilst Simon sings! Maybe you should do “All Night Long” too ……. would be awesome with the brass section but I have a feeling you guys may have done it as a cover before. Jo – liking your taste! x

Rich said:

probably Pulp and probably Common People and Underwear would get me windmilling the student union. Basically play anything released between 1993 and 1997 and I’ll revisit my dance steps for you.

Ben Denison said:

Oh, young mc – know how! Everytime….. or How High – charlatans. ……or a second for don’t let me down the wonderstuff. Leeds please! X

Kev said:

Pure – Lightning Seeds

Or if you really want to see me wave my hands like I just don’t care then Insanity by Oceanic…that will take me back to the caravan I stayed in at Pontins in North Wales in 1991…and me winning the adult Pool competition when I was only 17!! (Don’t tell anyone)

I’ll be in Leeds….

Vics said:

After seeing Mr Tim Burgess at the Brudenell last night – who played an amazing set by the way – and realising that the Charlatans memorial gig at the Royal Albert Hall will be a couple of days before the Leeds Hope and social gig maybe a Charlatans track would be appropriate?

Aileen said:

grease megamix…go on…you know you want to!
or James, Sit Down
or stuck in the middle
The cheesier the better i think!!
and of course there’s the proclaimers 500 miles but you do that already!
ooohhhhh can’t wait! xx

Tim said:

Either the Communards don’t leave me this way, springsteens dancing in the dark or closer by nine inch nails.

But, my favourite choice has to be, hard to handle.

And looking like Coventry for me.

Merlin said:

I have another ! How about Dance Hall Days by Wang Chung ( I have no idea why this even entered my always-somewhat-confused head ! xx )

Jo said:

I got a black eye dancing wildly to the Charletons when they played the T&C in Leeds…….if H&S do a cover stand well back…..I’ll be the one throwing myself all over the place ;)

Sarah said:

The one that springs to my mind is ‘Mr Blue Sky’ by Elo. Chris and I used to have great fun requesting it in night clubs when we lived in Manchester! :)

Leslie said:

hi guys would love to hear some of the disco classics i used to play when i called myself a DJ that would be lets groove – EWF, You to me are everything -Real Thing your my fast last everything – Barry White, can you feel it – the jacksons and the brilliant get lucky by Daft Punk…see ya saturday x

Edi said:

Fools Gold – Stone Roses (full version of course!)

3 is the magic Number – De La Soul

Anything by James Brown

Sabotage – Beastie Boys

I’ll be seeing you, Andy & Steve in Cov at a good old GBelt sort of reunion thing!… trying to bring ppl in tow too!…